Tuesday 23 February 2016

Editing Session 6

After some feedback from my peers and teachers I decided to add the split screen effect into my opening scene allowing me to create a sort of character profile.

The first thing I did was take a picture of the two criminal characters. I asked both Jonny and Matt to meet with me to do a mini photo shoot so I could obtain an image of them both a sort of mug shot-like format. After I had taken the picture I uploaded them to the iMacs and added them to my timeline sequence on Final Cut Pro X. I then used the transition button to move the images to the left hand side and also stretch them so they took up half of the screen.


I then added another slide on top of the image so it appeared along side it. Just like before I had to alter the size of the slide so it was on the screen half and half with the image of the criminal. I could then add text to the slide of which I just put basic information on such as their name and current location. I think doing this was very effective as it allowed the audience to understand what was happening, without the text they may have misunderstood the scene and not known that the character in the interrogation room was actually the criminal that was arrested earlier in the narrative.

No comments:

Post a Comment