Thursday 11 February 2016

Editing session 2

Now that all the clips were in order and it looked fairly fluent went played through I needed to think about adding some transitions after the clips so they would look more fluent and thus professional.

The first thing I wanted to do in this session was add the blank black screens in at the start in between the three shots of the cars. From the start I had a vision of different shots of the criminal's car being the first thing the audience sees. Adding blank screens after each shot builds tension and creates mystery as it also allows the audience to digest the information as it comes as well as making them wait for the revealing moment of who is in the car. To do this I simply added a black screen text page (without actually using text) for 2 seconds in between the three shots of the cars. This would also fit in well with the chosen sound I will use for this scene which I will add in at a later stage of the editing section of production.

Next I added in a slow fade transition after the clip where Jonny is running across the field. My thinking behind this was that this transition would connote a passing of time because this is the end of the bank robbery scene and the next scene essentially takes place a few months in advance. I felt that the slow fade transition perfectly connoted the passing of time because I had seen it being done in other films similar to my own. At the next scene I also used a 'fade in' transition to show the link between the two scenes and how the current scene is a product of the events that occurred in the last.

I also added a quick 'swipe' transition where at the end of one scene the clip rapidly swipes to the left and the next clip takes place straight away. This transition was used in between the clip where the criminal gets arrested by the police officer and the clip where Jonny is running across the field to escape the police. The fast-paced transition heightens the sensation of a hectic, action-packed scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment