Friday 12 February 2016

Editing Session 4

I had already done previous research on what songs and sound effects I wanted to use in my film opening sequence. When the car is being shown at the start of the film I used the start of The Hills by The Weekend  as I liked the loud, low-pitched tune and thought that it worked really well with the clips and set the mysterious and dramatic scene for the audience. To get this clip I went on iTunes and searched for the song and bought it for £0.99. I then dragged the song onto the timeline before trimming it down so just the start of the song was there. To assure the timing was perfect I duplicated the start bit as pose to letting it to play through.

Next up was the part where Jonny and Matt's characters get out of the car and head towards the building and for this I wanted a powerful, energetic soundtrack to match their actions. I used the site www.bensound.com to research different songs and when I found the one I wanted I downloaded it onto the Mac and placed it onto the timeline. After that I trimmed it down to fit the clips that it was suited to and faded it out when I wanted it to stop playing.

When they bust through the door to the 'bank' Matt's character fires two gun shots using the fake cap gun we had as warning but I wanted the shots to be loud and appear intimidating for the audience. Because of this I added a gun shot sound effect in at this part to make it seem more realistic and intense. I found this sound effect by clicking 'Music and Sound' and typed in gunshot to see what the results were. After testing the different options out over the clip I chose the one that I thought was the most realistic and added it to the sequence.

After the two criminals leave the bank, I used a police siren sound effect to connote that the criminals were rushed as the police were not far from them. To make it more realistic I faded this sound effect in giving the illusion that they were gradually getting closer to the criminals.


No comments:

Post a Comment