Thursday 11 February 2016

Editing Session 1

Now that I had all the footage I needed for the opening sequence I went to the iMac at the first opportunity I had to upload to clips and begin editing. The first editing session took place on the 19th of January- the first Monday after I finished filming.

The first thing I did when I got on the iMac was open up Final Cut Pro X, which I had some experience in using when completing my preliminary task earlier in the course, then I created a new project and event before importing the footage onto the system ready for me to edit. After placing all the clips on the timeline in the correct order I then began going through them all and evaluated whether or not they were needed in the opening sequence. I did actually delete one of the clips, where Matt and Jonny's character were in the car and they ask each other if they are ready for the heist. I chose not to use this clip because I thought the sequence would look a lot better if it went straight to the part where they exit the car and make their way towards the bank.

After that I then began to crop some of the clips down by highlighting the chosen clip, playing it through up till the part where I wanted it to end and dragging it inwards from the side to make it shorter. The purpose for this was to cut out the unwanted video that was at the end of the clip which was there because I always filmed 3 seconds before and after the action started to make sure I never missed the start. After going through the entire footage and cutting down parts of the clips so they would all link on to the ones before and after, the scene looked quite good however the clips were not completely smooth running on to each other so in the next session I would need to think about adding some transitions.

No comments:

Post a Comment