Thursday 11 February 2016

Editing Session 3

Now that the sequence looks fluent and professional  with the use of transitions I felt the next thing I should add to the sequence is special effects to add to

In my film I used the zoom effect when Jonny's was running across the field to escape from the police. I wanted to show the distance that he had ran to connote his freedom and success from the heist. To do this I selected 'crop' and used the Ken Burns effect to zoom on Jonny's character. This was effective as the audience will know that he has escaped because the effect heightens the fact that he has managed to get really far away from the police.

Another effect I used in this session was the '50s TV' filter with a time code at the bottom which I used at the start of the interrogation scene because the black and white colour made it look like a genuine interrogation room. I accessed this by selecting 'effects' and chose the one I wanted and dragged it to the chosen clip. Prior to the production I had researched interrogation scenes of which had a high angle shot of the character which was in black and white so I thought it would be a good idea to use this as well because the audience would immediately be aware of the situation.



Finally I used the slow motion effect when Matt and Jonny's characters are fleeing from the building. I did this by selecting the clip then clicking 'retime' from there I was able to control how fast or slow I wanted the clip to be. For this particular clip I wanted it to be 50% slower. This was effective as it allows the audience to process the situation and think about what is happening. Often when a scene is very action-packed it can become confusing from the audience's perspective, thus slowing the pace of the clip means they will have more time to think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment