Monday 22 February 2016

Editing Session 5

In this session I focused on the film titles that would need to be shown throughout the opening scene stating who produced, distributed, filmed, edited and starred in it. In my initial sketch product it was pointed out that my titles were not at a good level as the names of the actors were just simply listed at the end of the sequence which never happens in film. I also didn't add the motion logo for my own production company or my chosen distribution company- Sony Pictures Entertainment.

Primarily I needed to add then Sony Pictures introduction logo to the start of my scene as this will immediately show who has distributed my film and generally make it look more professional. To do so I firstly needed to find the motion logo on YouTube before then copying it into www.clipconverter.com where I was able to add it to my timeline on Final Cut Pro X. I also had to think about creating and adding a motion logo for my production company- JT Pictures. Prior to this editing session I had done some research on titles and logos to inspire my own, conclusively I found that the text needed to be large and bold as well as being unique so it stands out to the audience.  I began by clicking 'Titles' then scanned through the different options occasionally trialling the occasional one I saw to see if I liked it. The main contender in the end was the 'Atmosphere' title which I decided against because I thought it was too similar to the Universal logo/title. In the end I went with 'Trailer' which I mixed the soundtrack 'inner beauty' which I found on Final Cut Pro X songs. The soundtrack worked really well with the motion logo and was in time almost perfectly in time with it.

Next I needed to add the on screen film titles which included names of the actors starring in the film, the editor and filming crew. I tried to make the titles more effective with the use of transitions to make them go along with the action occurring on screen at that moment. For example, when the two characters get out of the car I thought it would be effective if I were to use a text that mimics the character's actions. The 'Tracking' text did this perfectly as it separates and spaces out which is similar to what the two criminals do when they start to walk towards the bank.


Similarly, when Jonny's character begins to run towards the field it now says, 'Starring Jonny Bennit' I felt this was the right place to use this title because it sums up the character in one scene. In the scene it shows CJ betraying his 'partner' and running off with the money which ultimately is what he is about- he doesn't trust anyone and is a lone wolf. I made his text move sideways to mimic him running away from the police. I showed the title for Matt when he is being arrested because it also sums his character up as vulnerable.

The last thing I needed to do was add  the film title for the name of my film. I knew from the start that I wanted my title to be large, bold and ideally 3D as it would stand out more. The font I used in the end was 'Old Steel' on 3D styles because I thought it worked well with the strong theme of prison and the interrogation room.

No comments:

Post a Comment