Thursday 25 February 2016

Editing Session 7

In this final session of editing I would focus on adding the voice-over to the interrogation scene which I filmed previously in the most recent filming session.

The first thing I did when I opened Final Cut Pro on the iMac was import the recordings which I made on my iPhone. I then had to look though all the different recordings to see which ones were the most clear and the most effective for supporting the audience's knowledge of what is happening in the scene so they understand it in the best way possible.

After I had chosen the recordings that I wanted, I had to place them in time with the clip that I was talking about for example, when I said, "This man" (referring to CJ) I placed it perfectly in time with the picture of Jonny's character. I also did this when Matt's character's profile appeared on screen, which was effective as it gives background information to the readers and won't be too repetitive. In some cases I had to shorten the recordings so they would fit on the timeline with the clips they were paired with which was not a problem as I always made sure to record for an extra few seconds before and after I began to speak to assure nothing was cut off.

No comments:

Post a Comment