Monday 22 February 2016

Filming Session 3

One outstanding piece of feedback that I got as a result of my opening sequence sketch was that the dialogue in the interrogation scene was not very clear and so it may be a better idea to add a voice over of me narrating the scene instead.

The first thing I needed to do was write out a script for myself so I knew what I was saying when I came to record the voice over. I used my research on voice-overs to help me think of a good monologue type script that would suit the scene and go in time with the footage. I thought it would be best to start by talking about the need to find the missing character to give background information to the audience, leading on from that I wanted to talk about the criminals as their character profiles and picture show on screen. I included the line, "No clues, no leads, no hope," twice in the voice-over which was inspired by the voice-over in the first scene of trainspotting where the line, "choose life" is used twice. I think doing this is effective because it gets a message through to the reader which in my case is that the criminal being interrogated is their last hope at finding the missing character because without him they have nothing.

I recoded the voice-over using my iPhone 5s which gets fairly good sound quality and when recording I made sure there was complete silence in the room I was in so the sound was not muffled like in the sketch product. Furthermore I chose to record me saying each line as appose to just recording the whole thing as this meant I wouldn't need to keep re-doing the whole thing if I made one mistake

No comments:

Post a Comment