Tuesday 9 February 2016

Filming Day 2

We had to wait two weeks to film the next part of the scene because of continuous bad weather hindering us from filming outside of the Rugby Club. We managed to film on the 17th of January 2016 which wasn't really ideal as it delayed the other work that I needed to do as part of the film however this was the only time that we could do it. In this filming session we would need to film the first half of the opening scene where the two robbers go into the 'bank' and steal the money before making their exit.

I began by having Matt and Jonny sat in the car while I took several shots from different angles to show the isolation of this location and how there was no one really about the area indicating the place they were about to rob was an easy target. By doing this I thought it would set the scene for the audience and make them realise what is about to happen. After those several shots I thought it would be a good idea to use a long range shot of the two characters getting out of the car and heading towards the bank.

The next part of the scene involves the two characters opening the doors to the bank and entering in a quick, powerful motion. For this, I used a match on action shot showing Jonny opening the door from one side then switching to a shot from the other side of the door where they walk in and Matt shouts, "Get on the ground!" at the civilians in the bank. I chose Matt to show this line because I Jonny's character to be completely unrevealing in the sense that his appearance, voice or actions were not easily identifiable. At this point, George is introduced into the scene as the cashier staff to the bank and has the role of filling the bag with the money. When filming this part I did a close-up shot of George's hands placing the cash into the duffel bag to show the large amount of money that was being taken as part of this hiest.

When Matt's character got arrested by mine I used a megaphone to say, "This is the police, we have you surrounded..." to give the effect that it is a legitimate police microphone. After the arrest I wanted to show the audience that Jonny's character had successfully escaped the police and ran away so I used a wide angle, long range shot to show the distance he had run away from the crime scene.

I think that generally, the second filming day was successful because we managed to record all the clips we needed for the opening sequence and we also got a few good clips that could be used as bloopers which was very entertaining. I really enjoyed filming these clips as we were able to have a good laugh while doing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment